Christopher Spenner has been involved in ministry since he was in seventh grade as a Leader-in-Training in his local Awana program. Since then, he has been a leader, a director, and a commander in Awana programs. He has led several years of vacation bible schools and other children’s and youth activities. He has a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies from Louisiana Baptist University in Shreveport, Louisiana. He met his wife, Melissa, at a Christian leadership camp in Keene, New Hampshire in 2011, and they got married in Venice, Florida in October of 2019. Christopher is a huge Star Wars and science fiction fan. His favorite Star Wars movie is Return of the Jedi. He is involved in local hobby groups in Sarasota, enjoys painting miniatures, and playing tabletop games.
- Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert; Thrawn by Timothy Zahn,
- Favorite Movie: Castle in the Sky; Fantasia; Into the Spider-Verse
- Last Meal on Earth: The sushi from Kimonos at the Swan hotel at Disney World
- A perfect day: Playing tabletop games with friends and painting models.
- In terms of faith, where did it begin? I was very young when I accepted Christ. I was in a church that did not preach the gospel, and we were invited to a Baptist church by friends of ours who owned a local Chick-fil-A. I accepted Christ after my babysitter explained the Gospel to me as I was seven years old. After that I started attending an Awana club where I learned many foundational truths about the Bible. I felt the call to do ministry when I was around twelve years old, and I have been pursuing that call ever since.